How do I work through my utility company to determine programs that are available for my company?
- Check desireusa.org: provides listing of programs for each state and each utility company (these may be dated, but provide good guide)
- Check utility website: there are typically resident programs and business programs. Some utilities classify multifamily as resident and some as business.
- Research energy company’s programs to determine which are free and which provide rebates.
- Rebate programs can include LED, high efficiency water heaters, boilers, A/C tune-ups, direct install, smart irrigation, high efficiency washing machines.
- Establish a contact with the utility program – they can help you expedite your project.
- Complete a property energy analysis. The utility will provide Trade Ally’s to do the energy analysis and contract the work to be completed.
- The energy analysis will provide you the opportunities to evaluate which programs will provide the greatest benefit to your property.