ROI, NOI, increased property valuation, Leed Certification, Green Loans…..how do I find my way through this for the greatest impact for my company?
- Evaluate what type of company you are? Build and hold, entrepreneurial, flip?
- How long does your company plan to hold this property?
- Which properties pay the highest utility bills?
- Who pays the utility bills? Owner or shared?
- Is this project for a Green Loan? If it is, the specific projects will be defined in the utility analysis completed for the loan. Can we do additional projects as add-ons to the Green Loan?
- Does the project require company investment? Is there Cap Ex money budgeted?
- Do your utility companies provide incentive programs – rebates, free programs?
- Complete energy analysis – most utilities, if they have a rebate program will have trade allies that will do the analysis for free as part of the utilities custom program.
- What is the ROI (Return on Investment)? Three years of less is greatest possibility for corporate acceptance.
- What are the utility expense reductions from the project?
How much does that translate to increased property valuation?