In case you haven’t heard, EnergySTAR Portfolio Manager is about to embark on the largest update of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager in a decade.
EPA is planning a wide variety of enhancements including (but not limited to):
• Modernized and refreshed user interface.
• Expanded emissions tracking functionality.
• Ability to track building performance standard applicability and progress toward achieving targets.
• Refrigerant tracking.
• RECs tracking.
• A Spanish-language option.
Project Phases and Timing
- Gathering input from stakeholders. EPA has started by collecting feedback on the tool’s existing features, to be followed by gathering input to guide the development of new features. Timing: Fall 2023 –Spring 2024. To participate, visit EnergySTAR’s subscription center to ensure you’re signed up for “Portfolio Manager Updates.”
- Development. EPA will develop new features on a rolling basis over the next couple of years. Timing: Winter 2023 – TBD.
- Testing of new features. After EPA develops each new feature, they will be looking for volunteers to test them. Timing: Winter 2023 – TBD.
Enhancements to be Released on Rolling Basis
Enhancements will be released on a rolling basis starting in early 2024 and continuing for the next couple of years.
In addition to sending emails (see “subscription center” above), EPA will be posting updates online. Follow along with their progress at www.energystar.gov/PortfolioManagerUpgrade.