Many of us order from Amazon on a regular basis. Some of us (I won’t admit it, but it might be true…) even order almost daily.
What you might not realize though, is that Amazon has some pretty admirable sustainability initiatives and goals.
For example, Amazon has a goal to be “Net-Zero Carbon by 2040”. This is part of their mission to be “Earth’s most customer-centric company by building a sustainable business for employees, customer, and communities”.
Here’s how they plan to obtain Net-Zero.
• Investing $2 billion to support the development of decarbonizing technologies and services
• Investing $100 million in reforestation projects and climate mitigation solutions
• Powering operations with 100% renewable energy by 2025
• Making 50% of all shipments net-zero carbon by 2030
• Deploying 100,000 custom electric delivery vehicles by 2030
• Reaching net-zero carbon emissions across operations by 2040
Learn more at: https://sustainability.aboutamazon.com/